Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chasing Bees & Chocolate Chip Cookies

this past week was a traumatic week for my dog. about 4am she woke me up by constantly rubbing her face. at first i told her to go away but then she didn't so i figured something was wrong. when i turned the light on to see her face looked like this..... 

her nose was swelling. all i could find was children's benadryl which really wouldn't do much for her.... 

at 6am i got up and went to work (her face continued to swell) knowing my mom could check on her later in the day and the vet didn't open till 8am. I was able to get her in to see the vet at 11am and thankfully my brother-in-law was off work already so he could help me (she doesn't like other dogs at the vet) and i was sooooo thankful that he was there to calm her down. 


this was her on our way to the vet. poor thing her face just kept swelling.

it always amazes me how much she weighs, 149lbs. bad part the vet called her fat. 
the vet said she must have gotten stung by a bee and gave her an injection of steroids and sent me home with a prescription if it didn't go down by 4pm. 


i got home from work around for 4pm and her face was huge so she got a couple more doses of steroids and it finally went down. 

so she's all better and i think it scared me more then it hurt her. 

i love to always have some type of baked goodies in the house and what's better then homemade chocolate chip cookies plus i wanted to try my new cookie scoop from Pampered Chef that i got from my step sister a few weeks ago. 

i love this cookie scoop. it made all my cookies perfect size. 


this recipe made a HUGE batch of cookies so i took some to work, my family, and the lake so they didn't last long at all. they are pretty much the best chocolate chip cookie ever. 


here's the recipe, and make sure you share with others


enjoy!! 



3 comments:

  1. Oh Kate .. She was so cute with a puffy nose! And those are the best cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Kate ;-( So glad my buddy is all better ;-). Give her a big hug from me ;-) <3. Priscilla

    ReplyDelete