Thursday, June 7, 2012

Death By Chocolate Cake

This last week was my sister's Birthday and her request for dessert with this Death by Chocolate Cake. This recipe is from my co-worker Susan and my family has loved it ever since. 

The recipe does call for sour cream so I normally can't eat it. Sometime our local Save Mart will carry the IMO sour cream substitute and then I can enjoy this cake too. 


Ingredients:


1 chocolate cake mix

1 small pudding package
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/2 C water
1 C sour cream 
4 eggs 
12 oz. chocolate chips
2 cans of chocolate frosting 

Here's what to do: 

Start off by mixing the oil, water, sour cream, and eggs together. 


Then add the cake mix and pudding package, the mixture will be very thick. 


Finally, mix in the chocolate chips. 


You can either bake in two round cake pans or one big pan like below. 


Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes let cool then frost. The recipe calls for two cans of chocolate frosting, but only if your making it with the two cake pans. Since I made this in one large pan I only needed one can of frosting. 


I don't have a picture of the cake frosted because it turned out ugly, let's just say I decorated it very late and spelt a word wrong. :) So you can see it from a distance! 

After cake and ice cream we all went outside for a good game of Cornhole (bean bag toss). My Papa loved the name of the game! 

He loves Kate! 



1 comment:

  1. Yummy yummy cake!! No really it is quite yummy!!

    ReplyDelete